There are times in your life when you feel deep within your heart that something feels right. It is a feeling deep within you that feeds your heart with happiness. It is a feeling that you believe in, no matter how difficult, no matter how demanding something may be, you know that it is right. You know you have to follow your heart.


Friday, October 15, 2010

Sealed with a Kiss

Today, on my 35th birthday, I  woke up , and didn't think about my birthday, or being a year older, or how I would celebrate it today. With friends.. with family? Instead I woke up, with only one thing on my mind. Will he write back. Will he give me the approval that I need to move forward with adopting Vika. Then I thought about how wonderful it would be the first time that Vika has a birthday party of her own. Would she know what to do after everyone finished singing to her, would she blow out the candles. Would she know that the gifts were for her, and only her. It is something that I hope we will get to see someday.

This morning, at 7:00 am in the pouring rain. I held the envelope in my hands, kissed it once, and prayed.. yes prayed that the letter will find it to my doctor who is now down in Philadelphia. Even more-so, he would find it within himself to write back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment