There are times in your life when you feel deep within your heart that something feels right. It is a feeling deep within you that feeds your heart with happiness. It is a feeling that you believe in, no matter how difficult, no matter how demanding something may be, you know that it is right. You know you have to follow your heart.


Monday, October 11, 2010

How could $20.00 save a life??? 1000 people needed...

Over the last few days I have been reading posts, and blogs from people that have visited orphanages throughout the world. Where young children who can not fend for themselves, have poor living conditions, and often do not have the nutrition needed for thrive, and grow as a child. Often leaving them with rotted teeth, brittle bones, and many other unattended, undiagnosed medical conditions. As parents we always want to give our children the best. Want to provide, and guide them through life. These kids, have no one to to this with them. No one to give them the love that all children thrive on, and need  to grow into a happy young adult.  The thought of any child living in these conditions truly breaks my heart. I often imagine my son Nicholas living in those conditions, how would he thrive?  Would he even think to ask, to be changed, fed, held. Would he even have the verbal language to ask, or would he just sit there, and hope someone would notice him? Would anyone notice him? Would they pick him up, interact, change him?  Would they have the time?  The more I think about it, I am not too sure it would happen. This is just one more reason that I know that ViKa belongs home with me. While I know I can not save everyone, and I know I can not give all these kids a home. I can do it for one child.

I often find myself spending $5.00 at McDonalds, then another $10.00 at Target on things that were on my list, then many of times another $50.00 on mindless things. No rhyme or reason. I just thought it was cute, or necessary at the time. I know we all can all have some post-buying guilt. I am asking my family and friends to visit my blog and please donate $20.00 by clicking on the chipin toggle. Then pass this posting/link onto your family and friends. This donation brings me leaps and bounds to bringing Vika home to a good home. A home that all children deserve.

If you are willing to leave your name and address, within a week you will receive a special thank you card form our family. Once again, thank you for your constant interest in giving Vika a good home, and helping me have a daughter I never thought I would ever have. 

1 comment:

  1. I am SO happy that you are bringing Vika home!!! I had been up late at night trying to figure out how we would come up with the money to bring her home once our current adoption was completed. She absolutly glows, and I can't wait for her to be home with you!!!!!! I love all of the extra pictures of her down the right side of your blog. That smile, those eyes, she sure is something special. Thank you for sharing your journey with us, I can't wait to follow along with everystep. I will donate to your chipin when funds allow.

    Blessings of love and light to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete