There are times in your life when you feel deep within your heart that something feels right. It is a feeling deep within you that feeds your heart with happiness. It is a feeling that you believe in, no matter how difficult, no matter how demanding something may be, you know that it is right. You know you have to follow your heart.


Saturday, October 9, 2010

15 years ago today

I was in the hospital with a new born baby. It is hard to believe that he is so grown up and in High School now! I am not too sure how or when time started passing so quickly. But from what I hear from here on out, it is going to go by even quicker!!

I have had a few chances to talk to Nick about the idea of having a sister over the last week. Each time I have talked to him, he has seemed truly excited and interested in her. I know he is going to be an excellent, older brother.

I have talked to the social worker a couple times over the week. We seem to have everything lined up. There are a few things that need to be ironed out. I plan on submitting my application on Tuesday morning since Monday is a holiday. By doing this, this officially makes Vika no longer adoptable by other parents. Can you all believe it! She is such a sweet young girl who deserves all that life has to offer. I am so excited that she is going to have all those opportunities here with Nicholas and I. This means I am going to making a HUGE initiative to raise money for the process to get things underway.  I am working on putting together a few different fundraisers. Some of them have the potential to raise more money than others. But all in all I know that things always have a way of working themselves out. Where there is a will there is a way. I am open to ALL ideas. Please send them my way!

On a personal note, I want to thank everyone who has been so supportive so far! It truly does mean a lot to me! I am so excited to share this process with everyone along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment