There are times in your life when you feel deep within your heart that something feels right. It is a feeling deep within you that feeds your heart with happiness. It is a feeling that you believe in, no matter how difficult, no matter how demanding something may be, you know that it is right. You know you have to follow your heart.


Monday, October 18, 2010

One Little Chromosome

It is the genetic makeup that gives me my smile, you your hair color, and the next person their eye color. For my son Nicholas. It is the one extra chromosome that gives him his short stubby hands, his almond shape eyes, and his broad nose. One little chromosome... it is tricky how that little thing snuck in there and changed my life forever. As you may have read in a prior blog. I did not know Nicholas had Downs until he was born. He was a gift to me. I have loved him, and given him all I know how to give since the day he was born.  I feel so blessed to have him in my life.

However, for some people. Having a baby with Down Syndrome sometimes they don't have the means, or the support to raise a child with special needs, sometimes it may be a matter of lifestyle. I like to think that God gives only certain people with children with Downs. But at the same time I have to question if that is the case, why there are 17 children with downs in the orphanage that Vika now lives in? I am not too sure of the reason. It is hard for me to understand why people would do such a thing. But I like to think, and to feel that not only Vika, but all the other kids are destined to a wonderful life. That through the testimonial of adoption of these special kids. That the WORLD will start to have more acceptance of these wonderful, loving, outgoing people!

This is my Nicholas the day he was born.. you can see his genetic makeup. Look closely, you will see the third Chromosome on the 21st... . making Nicholas uniquely beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment