There are times in your life when you feel deep within your heart that something feels right. It is a feeling deep within you that feeds your heart with happiness. It is a feeling that you believe in, no matter how difficult, no matter how demanding something may be, you know that it is right. You know you have to follow your heart.


Monday, November 1, 2010

Old Pictures...

Last night I had the opportunity to sit down and go through some old pictures. Any parent that has ever done this, you know how emotional it can be. To see how far your child has come. All his/her achievments, all the milestones, birthdays, and Christmas celebrations. It always makes me smile, and I always say "Time goes by so fast", or "where does time go". I usually shed a few tears, wanting to turn back time. To be able to hold Nicholas again as a baby, letting him fall asleep in the crook of my arm. To be able to make them laugh with silly faces... watching him take his first steps.  I always feel so lucky to have had all these experiences, and all these memories with not only Nicholas, but with my entire family.

I sat there last night for hours doing this. Looking at old pictures. Showing Nicholas them, laughing. He was SO proud of himself, his family and friends. He would look at the pictures, recognize them, and truly, really happy about that memory! If any of you know Nicholas, you know what I am talking about!!! Then of course, I could not help think of Vika, and the hundreds of other orphans. What kind of memories are they making right now. Are they making ones they can look back at, smile and laugh? I like to think that they are! But in my heart, I know the children do not have the means or support that they need and thrive on.

I know I am only one person. I know that I can not change the world. But if I can change the world of one or two children that I truly love, I will. If I can give them the happiness and memories that all kids should have, I will. I will do all I can to make it happen.

I really hope that I am able to celebrate Christmas with Nick and Vika next year. Giving Nicholas a little sister. To give Vika her first birthday cake, and bring her to school for the very first time! With a lot of faith, and prayer. By this time next year, she will be my daughter. There will be three...

No comments:

Post a Comment