There are times in your life when you feel deep within your heart that something feels right. It is a feeling deep within you that feeds your heart with happiness. It is a feeling that you believe in, no matter how difficult, no matter how demanding something may be, you know that it is right. You know you have to follow your heart.


Saturday, November 13, 2010

Patchwork...

A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to make a quilt. I went downtown, bought the fabric, I bought the pattern. I even read a book on how to make this particular quilt. I read, and read the instructions. I cut each piece to the exact
specifications. When it said to cut it 4 1/2 inches, that is exactly what I did. Today, when I had all the pieces cut out. I then spent about 2 hours laying the pieces onto the floor. Piecing, and planning where each piece would go. Being sure that it would be as perfect as possible. I was very excited about how this would look. Threading my 78 year old Singer sewing machine, I pick up the first pieces, sew them together, iron them, it looked AMAZING! I get the next set of blocks together. I sew them together, iron... once again... looked amazing. I lay it down to take a quick peek on how it will look all together. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN! Although I measured all the pieces.. when put together it didn't match. The edges weren't lining up. Colors that were not supposed to be next to one another.. touching edges. I sigh.. think to myself.. do the next one... see what it will look like with three. So I sew the third... and the fourth... setting the squares next to one another. Its uniqueness is making it more beautiful. It wasn't what was in the picture. It wasn't what I planned. But it is mine. Something I had created all on my own. I think my life, your life.. it is all in a way like my quilt. I never planned on my life turning out the way it has. But when I take a step back, realize all I have been through. How I have been able to put pieces together, to make it my own. I feel blessed to have such wonderful things in my life. It is a beautiful life. It isn't everything I ever thought.. but it is so much more. It has a uniqueness in its own. 


1 comment:

  1. I love uniqueness, i sure hope you post a photo of this beautiful quilt. My girlfriend is going to make one for our little B, it will have all the names of those who donated to bring her home.

    ReplyDelete