There are times in your life when you feel deep within your heart that something feels right. It is a feeling deep within you that feeds your heart with happiness. It is a feeling that you believe in, no matter how difficult, no matter how demanding something may be, you know that it is right. You know you have to follow your heart.


Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

This year has brought me to so many places highs and lows.. good times and bad. I have done more, and experienced such a flux of emotions this year. Truthfully, more than I ever thought I would ever know or feel. For those of who know me best, know exactly what I am talking about. I have come to the understanding, and belief that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes you may not know what the reasoning is, and may not be able to see it or understand it.

 I have found that in bad times people often say "it happens for a reason" it has become a coping mechanism, a way that instantly gives a grieving person a sense of relief, and a break from the sadness that he/she has had put in them.  When good things happen... people instantly question it..

As many of you know, there was very series of unfortunate events prior to my coming to the decision to adopt Vika. Some people will say, and will always say that my "unfortunate events" is what drove me to adopt her. But I feel that through those "unfortunate events" that is what led me to her.  I know that this may be hard for many people to understand, or to feel. But I feel as though she has found me. There are hundreds  and hundreds of children for adoption. She in fact is one of 30+ children with Down Syndrome for adoption in her orphanage. I can't say that i fell in love with all those kids the same way I did with Vika (there was another little girl... but for now, I will have to continue to pray for her). While I want all those kids to have a home... Everyday, multiple times a day, I thought of Vika. To this day, I still do.

Since making the decision to adopt her. I have made a lot of new friends. While there are people that do not  support this adoption. There are so many more people that are out there that do. Of course not having the support of some people, it does take a way from some of the happiness in the process. But as a good friend once told me. Anyone can have a dream, but it takes a stronger person to follow thru and make it come true. I am so grateful for all my support... my life would not be the same without all of you! I look forward to sharing with you all the adventures to come! I wish you all a wonderful and Very Happy New Year!!
All the Love and Happiness from me to you all!
Taryn

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say, "hi" to a fellow New Englander. I am so happy you are going after Vika. She is precious! I will be cheering for you, here in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice.. Thank you so much. To know that there are people out there that are supporting me, it means more to you than you will ever know!

    ReplyDelete