There are times in your life when you feel deep within your heart that something feels right. It is a feeling deep within you that feeds your heart with happiness. It is a feeling that you believe in, no matter how difficult, no matter how demanding something may be, you know that it is right. You know you have to follow your heart.


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

$10,000 donation

For the many of you that have followed my blog over the last few months. You saw a dramatic jump in my FSP. Someone that knows, and obviously loves, and cares for Vika very deeply donated that $10,000. She has told me that Vika is a very brave, and courageous young girl. That, I do not doubt for a moment.

 I often try and imagine how life is for her in the orphanage.  Never knowing who will tell her goodmorning, and that they love her. Who will listen to her when she is sad, or praise her for her achievements. Who kisses her boobooos when she is hurt... who is there to help her through everyday activities. After-all, she is only 5 years old. Who is giving her the guidance and the love that all children (and lets be real.. many adults) need.  Then I start to imagine Nicholas in that setting when he was 5.. how would he have thrived,  how would he have received the love and attention that ALL children need. Would he have been a face in a room, an number in a line, just one more mouth to feed?? Now picture your child in that situation, is it something you would want for your child? Your niece, your nephew, your grandchildren? It is nothing that any of us would want for any of our children. If Vika, if not adopted soon. Like many other children her age are moved to a mental institute. A place that holds no hope, love or future for these kids. 

The saddest part, is that these children are placed in a situation, in the orphanage just for being them... for being who they were when they were born.. one extra chromosome landed them in a place that does not hold any future for them. 

I can honestly say that I know that adoption is not for everyone. Especially an adoption of a child with Special Needs. I know this from the crazy looks I get when I tell people what I am doing. While there are times when I am so scared, and so nervous about this journey. The love, and the acceptance I have in my heart for this little girl.. it far outweighs the nervousness, and the unknown. I know it is what I am supposed to be doing... there are so many things in life when you are called to do something. You don't know exactly why ...and you know it is going to be a struggle. But you know deep in your heart it is where you life you are being lead to. It is a deep feeling within yourself where there is peace.. for many of you this may not make sense.. but for those of you that have experienced it, you will know EXACTLY what I am talking about! 

So this is where all of you come in.. I need your support and commitment to help me bring this girl home. Support can come in many forms,  prayer, financial, and in friendship. All of the support I have got, and continue to get.. it fills my heart with so much gratitude. 

Right now... I have a little something for the people that donate... With the first 12 people that donate $50.00 or more... I have a BEAUTIFUL pearl necklace, or earrings that will be yours. It can be used as a gift, or to keep for yourself as a reminder that you were part of something more than yourself... you were part of giving a beautiful little girl a home, a mom, a family and a future...

Click on the "Chip In" button to make a safe, and secure donation... 

Thank you all for you ongoing support and love..
Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment