There are times in your life when you feel deep within your heart that something feels right. It is a feeling deep within you that feeds your heart with happiness. It is a feeling that you believe in, no matter how difficult, no matter how demanding something may be, you know that it is right. You know you have to follow your heart.


Friday, May 27, 2011

A family to be... a MUST READ

I have been very blessed along the way in this journey. I have had the support of old friends and new friends alike. However, with that being said. I have not had the support of anyone like my wonderful friend Ann. We met just 8 months ago when she introduced herself to me. She emailed me, telling me we were both  adopting from the same region. While everyone else in Reece's Rainbow seem to be adopting in the Ukraine, she was THRILLED that we were both adopting in Russia, and even more so out of the same region. Since that day, we have become great friends!! It could only be better if we lived near one another!! Ann has guided me in the sea of paperwork, ideas to raise money, even flew out here last weekend to support me in my fundraiser! She has always advocated for Vika! 
Ann is a woman who I think, by FAR, has one of the most amazing, and loving hearts. It is so open and wide for so many people. It is truly inspiring! She loves and prays for all children, and all the families in pursuit to bring them home to a forever family. She has committed not only to one child .... but two. She is opening her heart, and her family to giving two very special children a home. Please meet .... 
Matthew
Barbara 
I think.. I know.. that these are two of the luckiest children to have a mom like Ann. I just know that she is going to love the heck out of them, and give them the most wonderful home!! 
There are so many families in need right now, so many families getting ready to adopt, and are in still need of a lot of funds. Ann just got word tonight that she can travel, and REALLY needs some additional funds! I want to encourage everyone to PLEASE,PLEASE donate what they can to help her bring these kiddos home, because I know Ann, and I know she would be, will be doing the same thing for all families until we get all these kiddos their forever family. 

I am asking you to give up you latte for a week, your coffee, or donuts. Whatever habit you have... just one week... These kids need it, they need someone to stand up for them, to be their voice, and to give them a home. That is you, it is me.. it is anyone that is reading this. You CAN be a part of something bigger than yourself.  You don't have to adopt to make a difference.. you just need to ACT!!

Follow this link below to bring these two beauties home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment