There are times in your life when you feel deep within your heart that something feels right. It is a feeling deep within you that feeds your heart with happiness. It is a feeling that you believe in, no matter how difficult, no matter how demanding something may be, you know that it is right. You know you have to follow your heart.


Monday, January 17, 2011

Letter to Vika

Dear Vika,
 There are so many things that I want you to know. The first thing that I want you to know, is that you are loved. The first time I ever saw your picture, you made my heart smile. The ways your eyes light up when you smile, you radtiate the true meaning of unconditional love to the world.

I want you to know that I thought about you everyday. The thoughts turned to concern, the concern turned to worry. I worried for you, your health, you well being, your future. Soon I began to realize, I worried for you, the same way I worry for Nicholas. It was then, I discovered, in my heart, you had already become my daughter. Right now, I know you have no idea who I am. Soon, my love, that will change.

I also want you to know, that you will know love, caring and concern. You will have a Mom to kiss you goodnight, a brother to play games with, to run with, and to learn and grow with. You will learn to celebrate, to beleive, and hope and wish for more things that you have ever known. You will have grandparents, and cousins, aunts, uncles and friends.

While I do not think you will ever understand why you have been given the life that you have had. I want you to know, that I am going to love you, and take care of you til my very last day here on earth. I will do all I can to give you the most loving, and caring home. The most bright and hopeful future. This is what I beleive you deserve.

More than anything. I want you to know that you are a brave, beautful, courageous little girl. You are a true testimony to the human spirit, you will shine on people, enlighten people, and bring more happiness to people more than you know, you are an angel.

I can't wait to have you home.

Love.. your Mommy

2 comments: