There are times in your life when you feel deep within your heart that something feels right. It is a feeling deep within you that feeds your heart with happiness. It is a feeling that you believe in, no matter how difficult, no matter how demanding something may be, you know that it is right. You know you have to follow your heart.


Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lets make a memory...

What is your favorite childhood memory??? 
Maybe it is riding your bike through your neighborhood, Maybe it is playing kickball at the park, playing marco polo in the pool on hot summer days, or maybe it was sledding at the park. 


What ever your memory is.. now think.. who were you with when this was going on? What made that time so special, that you are smiling this moment thinking about it? Was it your sister riding next to you down the street on your bike, your friends all on a team of kickball, your younger brother peeking during a game of marco polo, or your Mom and Dad sledding with you at the park?? Lets face it, these memories, and all these experiences have shaped us, and made us the people that we are today. Good or bad, they have made us the people we are today, and have brought us to the point that we are at right now. 


How much do all those memories mean to you as a person? To me, they are priceless. My sister and I can still talk about playing "teacher" and taking our Cabbage Patch Dolls out on paddle boat rides. How we use to go and pick blueberries in the back yard, or the summer we built our own fort out of scrap wood. I could go on and on, telling you different memories. As parents we want only the best for our kids, and giving them memories to last a life time will help shape them into people their kids will look up to, and to admire. 


I am asking you all, to help me make memories with my daughter!! I can not stand to think of her not having these memories. Never knowing or remembering what it is like to have someone to love her, to celebrate all her achievements. I know that so many of you have already given so much of yourself to help me bring her home, but I can not stop til I have her here, with me, to live our lives together, and to make memories to last a lifetime. 


Thank you so much  to everyone who has thought of me, and prayed for Vika. You will forever live in our hearts, and our memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment