There are times in your life when you feel deep within your heart that something feels right. It is a feeling deep within you that feeds your heart with happiness. It is a feeling that you believe in, no matter how difficult, no matter how demanding something may be, you know that it is right. You know you have to follow your heart.


Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Then came all the paper work.

Tonight while I was on break from work I had a chance to sort through emails, as well as look at the process a little more closely. I am now understanding why people who have been through this process call it a "paper chase". WOW... In all honesty I can not say I was shocked. It is not as though I am applying for a shaws card to get some sort of discount. I am applying to show someone, somewhere, that I have a genuine interest in opening my heart, and my home to a special child. That I am committed, and a true interest in expanding my family. 


As I sat there and picked through the paperwork. I had a glimpse of the costs. The breakdown, the fees, donations, and assessments. I have to admit it was a little discouraging. It does seem so out of reach, it seems like a mountain, with all these tiny little hills that I have to climb in between. The little costs here and there, with the big expenses that you have to account for too. I can see how the adoption process can easily become about the money. 


But, with that being said. People knowing me, and knowing that I can do what I put my mind to. I know that with time, we will give Victoria the home that she deserves. 



No comments:

Post a Comment